Simone’s Bookshelf: more lifelong learning ideas
Hi again from Simone Joyaux… More lifelong learning ideas. Just a quick run around my office.
Authors / sources that I regularly read (or must read very soon!) – just good business stuff!
- Jim Collins
- Heath Brothers
- Seth Godin (His free daily blog and all his books!)
- Harvard Business Review
About the nonprofit sector and fundraising and stuff…just a very very few…
- Adrian Sargeant and Jen Shang (All their books and articles…And the reports on the website Institute for Sustainable Philanthropy.)
- Roger Craver (Free daily blog and books)
- Jeff Brooks and Tom Ahern (Donor-centered communications)
- SOFII (Showcase of Fundraising Innovation and Inspiration)
- These are just my top-of-mind this week. But there are soooooo many more.
Now for some seemingly unusual – but actually very important researchers/authors – for fundraising…
- Dan Ariely
- Antonio Dimasio
- Daniel Kahneman
P.S. Always always remember. While I’m a USA citizen, I was raised in an international household. I present all over the world. And I know very well that the US of A didn’t invent fundraising and doesn’t lead the world’s nonprofit sector.
- So please please do not just pay attention to resources from the US or North America. Check out all the fundraising and nonprofit associations in countries around the world.
- Yes! Located all around the world. China and Japan. In various countries in South America and North America. Various countries in Eastern Europe and Western Europe. India and and and…
- So many countries. So much learning. Common bodies of knowledge based on academic and practitioner research.
- Different cultures and different applications. Different experts and authors and…