A few weeks ago, I had the honor to be an invited speaker at IWITOT where I spoke about one of my favorite topics #donorlove. I’ll write a separate blog post about my presentation in the next few days. For now check out the speaker list and buy your recording of the virtual IWITOT here. All proceeds go to the SOFII Foundation!
To celebrate brilliant fundraising and connect phenomenal fundraisers with amazing ideas, this year’s IWITOT was a completely virtual event and allowed people all over the globe to have access to some of the most inspiring campaigns in the sector.
Over 750 fundraisers joined in on April 21st 2020 to see 17 speakers – from hardy veterans to up-and-coming newbies – spend seven minutes celebrating a fundraising idea they wish they’d thought of.
And it was amazing. We laughed, we cried, we were well and truly inspired by great fundraising! The live event has now finished but you can still support our charity, The SOFII Foundation…
For your £25 ticket price (US$30, €28) you will get a recording of IWITOT 2020 to watch at your leisure any time before August 21st, 2020.
Your IWITOT hosts this year were Camille St-Omer Donaldson of British Red Cross and Joe Burnett from SOFII.
Our wonderful speakers were:
- Mike Bartlett (Julia’s House Children’s Hospice)
- Julie Berthoud-Jury (Schomerus)
- Liz Campbell-Black (Open Creates)
- Chloe Green (Forward Action)
- Joshua Leigh (Ecosia)
- Tahera Mayat (#Charity Hour)
- Erin McGuire (SickKids)
- Joe Nicholson (Consider Creative)
- Diveesha Shahani (JustGiving)
- Felicity Spencer-Smith (Institute of Fundraising)
- Lyndall Stein (ActionAid International)
- Saleem Tejani (DTV Group)
- Jess Winchester (Forest and Bird, New Zealand)
- Julia Worthington (Amber Consulting)
To uncover new voices auditions were held for up-and-coming speakers. The following winners earned their places at IWITOT and delivered amazing presentations:
- Megan Townshend (Marie Curie)
- Lara Joyce (Irish Cancer Society)
- Jennifer Ruthe (freelance copywriter)
Audition winner mentors:
- Damian O’Broin (Ask Direct)
- Gráinne Callan (Greenpeace)
- James Briggs (Open Creates)
This event was run as a fundraiser for The SOFII Foundation. All tickets to the virtual IWITOT are not refundable as we will supply you with a full recording.
Parts of this article were originally published by SOFII Foundation here.
© 2020 The SOFII Foundation